Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I like this version best. I'm back home again and feeling much better. I finished writing the review for Millicent Borges Accardi's book INJURING ETERNITY and just need to type it. I will begin reading OCOTILLO DREAMS by Melinda Palacio. I'm now on a mood stabilizer which seems to be helping a lot. I have a new journal and am almost finished filling out the old one. I will hopefully begin organizing my poems into packets/online submission files. I met a wonderful young man who is concerned with spiritual growth and interested in going to Tibet. I found him to be intelligent despite being sick, positive about life and eager to learn. I most definitely think he has/will inspire a poem. He was feeling better when I left the house, so I think he will be fine. My roommate took a dive down the stairs and has contusions on her face in a bad way. I feel guilty for not being here, but I have to take care of myself, and I am learning to take care of myself. I am letting go of perceived judgments by other people. We are simply limited by our individuality and we miss so much around us sometimes, steeped in our own problems. I am trying to be at peace and will walk and write more. Time to write. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and am saying goodbye to people full of judgment. Also, it's time to let someone fend for themselves. I am not a caretaker. Ugh, that sounds cold. But I mean we have to take care of ourselves first; otherwise we are no good to anyone. Adios.

No comments: