Friday, May 14, 2010



I've been journaling quite a bit and read a wonderful little book called THE WORLD IN A PHRASE: A Brief History of the Aphorism. Some of my favorite aphorisms in the book are below:

"The greatest carver does the least cutting". --Lao-Tzu
"To own nothing is the beginning of happiness". --Diogenes


I did manage to write for thirty minutes yesterday and it felt wonderful. One just has to commit to writing, to vow to do it despite a crazy schedule and a crazy life.

I am still blogging though according to the poetry foundation blogging is dead, and of course, my audience is dead too! But that's okay. I really maintain this thing as a way of coping with the draining out of my desire to write, a way to try to stay motivated or get motivated. I hope to get back a spark and think P's idea to write for thirty minutes a day is fantastic. Before I would have never thought such a habit or strict routine would work for the writing of poetry, but I'm left with no option.

*

No comments: