Friday, May 28, 2010

"Fresh Air" by Kenneth Koch

I was surprised to find this poem up at the Poetry Foundation of all places.


I am still working at a convenience store which shall remain unnamed in this post. It really sucks. But as the doctor says, "we all have to do what we have to do."

But I should be thankful. The economy is terrible. Yesterday I waited in line at the Colorado Workforce Center next to a mechanical engineer who can't find work. I'm sending my cv to a second local community college. I am also applying to high schools and middle schools in Texas and Colorado, but I need to take a test in CO which costs a hundred bucks. This said, I'm not sure if I will be able to attend Canto Mundo. It's going to be a VERY long summer, but that said, the mountains are beautiful and even in the recent heat the leaves on the trees and the light of the sun remind me I am alive and breathing and that there's beauty everywhere.


No comments: