Monday, May 02, 2011



Went ahead and added two poems to the manuscript tonight. One poem I previously added "She came as dragonflies in death over the pines in a dream," may go. I've since streamlined the poem somewhat, but it's difficult to make sense of it in terms of what the hell is it about. I'm dumbfounded by my feelings over the second manuscript still titled Seven with Latin section titles much to the chagrin of some people, but I will go with the advice of someone who just won a major prize over them. Sorry B. I am just blathering here in the middle of the night/early morning to try to figure out what to do with the damn thing. I want to mail it off to be done with it. I can't seem to cut out one poem which bothers me, but no criticism was really made of the poem, and so in the end we have to rely on our own gut and sensibility. This thing is driving me mad. So next step is to really take a look at "Ouray's Eyes" and decide if it should go. I am crazy staying up late lately trying to avoid it and then trying to fix it. The people who say just send it in want me to start anew fresh with a new project since the writing of this thing occurred with I had a severe episode which left me with one lost friend, it was more than a buildingsroman story arc, more of a madhouse where the chairs smell of piss and the chairs are all made of plastic without cushions as if that could calm down some one's sense of fear. So cutting the poem has value, but maybe the piece can be fixed with streamlining it.


* THOUGHT BLOCK TO calm racing thoughts
I don't know what to do with Ouray's Eyes, it's a photograph poem about an Indian Chief who interacted with the army to try to save his people, to keep them alive meant feigning, pretending if you will and surely this poem can be a better poem if I just work it out somehow.

No comments: