Friday, March 09, 2012


Working on the manuscript today finally. I am working on line breaks and adding details about sexual abuse which is difficult. Maybe this is why I have taken so long with it. I have been told to read Richard Siken's CRUSH to get an idea where to go via such details. Basically, this is why I think I've been blocked. I think I know what I need to do, but it proves difficult.

A beautiful day in Denver metroplex. I am staying home to work on this collection of poems. The line breaks I am making include more enjambment, and I am cutting a lot of "I's" out of it. I think it is getting better.

It feels good to work on it. Even if I do just a little bit at a time, at least I am making progress. I hadn't worked on it since Feb. 8th, almost an entire month, so one tiny step at a time I suppose. Maybe now I'll get more into the revision process and possibly try writing some new poems. It's been a difficult stretch, a long lonely stretch as I have no money to attend things like AWP. Luckily, I got to go to the symposium in Austin where Canto Mundo fellows were kind and unpretentious.


No comments: