Saturday, January 28, 2012


Today has been a bad day as I have caught some kind of cold. All is well. All will be well. I think overall, I ruminate and can grow angry as I reflect on the poetry world. But it is not life. I am going to try to write tomorrow, but the truth is that it has become very difficult for me to write. Usually I can ignore the rumblings in my stomach about perceived injustices or plain unfairness of things, but I have to let such things go as they can kill you. Fact is, the poetry world  is not often about good poetry, at least smallish cliques etc that exist within it. One must persist. I think that's why I like this song proclaiming the beauty of an outsider and the beauty of not necessarily being accepted by some of your peers. Fact is, I need to let go, let be. Today is just one of those days. Woke up with a sore throat, but it's gone away. Getting ready to go to a movie with friends who accept me without the poems, without the politics of poems, which can kill a thing of beauty. But I will hopefully press on tomorrow, but I can be a lot of talk and no action. Maybe going to the symposium later this month will help, but maybe it's okay I'm not going to AWP. The last one in Denver consisted of me wandering around by myself and hanging out with a friend who isn't invested in that crap. Well I did get to hang out a bit with UTEP folks, which was nice, but basically feeling I need to let go, let be. Hopefully I can do this.

No comments: