Thursday, November 18, 2010

Yusuf Islam Maybe There's a World Live Echo 2007



Okay, somehow I got decent evals. This is weird. Someone says it's because I'm doing okay and I usually want to be outstanding. Outstanding is not possible when one teaches five classes on three different campuses and experiences utter disorganization and memory problems. In any case, maybe there's hope for the future, but I will not be teaching in the spring or fall and possibly again. I will be doing little other than writing and reading. I hope and pray I don't neglect doing so! Poverty is the route to poetry? I think so. I think the act and experience of writing poems is something at odds with our culture of consumption and greed and need. I don't know. Maybe poetry will continue to elude me; maybe I won't write again, but I suspect I will. I think the poverty aspect of things will truly suck, but I will have my days to ponder, to create, to sculpt and hopefully, most importantly to heal.

Revising 7 is going to be a monstrous task, but luckily someone has edited the thing for comma issues and other such errors. I feel quite good despite having a horrendous week of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, not being in the right place at the right time and have let supervisors know I won't be able to take classes I've been assigned.

No comments: