Sunday, November 07, 2010

Allen Ginsberg Reading Howl (Part 1)



Well, it has been pointed out to me that I write well critically, and that I should do that kind of writing on the blog, rather than the kind of personal narrative that I do. In any case, I'll wait to see if editors like it as much as non-editors. Perhaps it's time I write some more reviews for the El Paso Times or more essays like the one I just finished (rough draft).

I was encouraged to dislike Ginsberg in grad school, but I like the people getting kicked out of the academies. For some reason, that makes me feel better as I too have been cast out!

1 comment:

Chuck Taylor said...

Hey Sheryl Luna, Nice to find your blog. You gotta get kicked out of academia a few times. That's the way you earn your stripes!

I hope you don't give up on the poetry. Write any and all kinds.

Chuck Taylor, fellow poet