Wednesday, December 21, 2011



Today I got some wonderful feedback on the manuscript. Fact is, with time, it's getting better and better. In any case, I will probably meet with this editor for lunch in January, and I'm learning to be thankful for each improved line, each improved image, and the changing ordering of the poems; boy did I get some much needed help on that with one fantastic email which covered the manuscript well. I am learning patience, which is a VERY good thing. I don't want to publish a crappy book. It's worth the waiting, the editing, the re-visioning. I have a new title and new themed sections on the way yet again. One on El Paso and colonization, one one women and one on the Father figure. It has a great title I think, but I'll wait to share that.

I'm back in El Paso and having a wonderful time with family. My grandmother is now 99, and we will see if she makes it to 100 as she may need a new pacemaker, which can't be replaced due to her age. I hope she makes it to 100.


No comments: