Thursday, September 23, 2010

Five mistakes everyone should make. I have most definitely managed do do all of these things successful people supposedly do. Am I more "successful" than I think I am? I hope so.

Insecurity has plagued me of late, and I sense it's time to start writing again, but I have 100 plus papers to grade this weekend :( I am feeling a bit more secure today, sensing everything will be okay despite the pressure of teaching so many courses.


*

Today I'm at the Auraria campus library getting ready to find some academic articles on Pound and Eliot. I've asked students to write a response to one of the poets we've read: Pound, Eliot, Stevens and Williams. The response can be a poem or an essay or even a free write. I really am interested in hearing their reactions to this varied group of poets.


*

"And so,/like this flower/I persist---/for what there may be in it./I am not,/I know,/ in the galaxy of poets/a rose/ who who among the rest,/ will deny me/ my place."

--- William Carlos Williams from "The Pink Locust" HEATH ANTHOLOGY OF AMERICAN LITERATURE. Vol. D. Wadsworth. 2010.

No comments: