Friday, March 04, 2011

I've been thinking about longevity and poems, and how rare, and unusual it is to write poems which move people for some time, rather than just an immediate sensation or immediacy when it comes to promotion and being promoted. My essay in the ABR will be out I believe in March or April.

I am having a crisis of confidence in my work, but I will continue to press on, as I realize publishing is not the end all of it. Many great poets remain unpublished. So, to get back to the joy of it is a difficult thing, but I will simply press on and write. I may send some poems out to magazines from the second manuscript. I have published in a few journals for this particular collection: Feminist Studies, Wisconsin Review, Copper Nickel, BorderSenses, and Margie, but I'd like to see more of the poems acknowledged, but I guess that's what happens when one gets off track.

I'm getting back on track.

No comments: