Friday, May 25, 2012

"Sometimes you just have to let everything fall apart." -- Pema Chodron.

I have been reading Pema Chodron's WHEN THINGS FALL APART and clearly understand the struggle she discusses toward the end of the book. We rush off in the same old direction, up to the same old tricks or we are stuck in the same behaviors. She says to meditate on whatever provokes resentment, to lean into the sharp points. And yes, the habitual patterns we have become ingrained and it's so difficult to do something different, but I'm going to try letting go, try accepting and being compassionate with myself. She also says that we need to stop clinging to the concepts of good and evil. This is very good stuff. Yet it does seem there's injustice and trauma and difficulties which lead one to believe in either evil or abuse of power etc. Over and over this past year I have heard we create our own reality and what we perceive is our own projection. But trauma, devastating trauma does its work in creating our patterns and habits and fears. In any case, it's good to read this book, but reality tells me it will be some time before I can truly implement her advice. I am often too caught up in story lines, and I am often not friends with my emotions and thoughts. The main thing she focuses on is for us to lighten up and relax. This is such good advice for a poet!!! Very good advice, indeed.


No comments: