Saturday, January 15, 2011

Marvin Gaye "What's Going On / What's Happening Brother"




Listening to Marvin Gaye and cleaning up the room. Life is good.

I realize I've been wanting to be friends and allies with people who aren't my "friend" or my "ally". Recognizing that I deserve better. Recognizing that it's their loss not mine! Recognizing that I can write and be happy with new allies and new "friends"-- people who really truly are my friend and vise versa. People who forgive my past, my illness and are there for me today. I will be there for them too.

Feeling freed up as I revised 5 poems from the 7Seven manuscript. I feel like now I'm on the way towards sending it out soon. I have notes from three reviewers that recommend publication, but I need to make revisions, so I'm not sure where it will end up at press wise, but I feel like I'm getting back into the groove, listening to Marvin Gaye and lightening up overall. I'm leaning towards the reviewers as now I see their critical comments were on the money, but I am considering sending it out to a few contests, but I know that's like throwing a needle into a haystack...

So, what's going on?

I'm feeling more free and better than I have in years. I love writing! Still looking at Sherwin Bitsui's FLOOD SONG and learning a few helpful things. Still reading Julia Cameron's FINDING WATER: THE ART OF PRESERVERANCE. Still feeling like I'm growing and learning.

Will be moving into an apartment soon. I got the go ahead recently and will get keys as soon as I do some paperwork on Monday I believe. Yay! I have a great roomate full of wisdom and heart. Lalalalalalalalalala lala!

No comments: