Monday, April 19, 2010



I was lucky to meet Martin Espada at AWP and recently got the good news that I've been accepted to the Canto Mundo Master Workshops which will be taught by Espada and Demetria Martinez (below). Both are highly politically charged poets. I find them truly interested in serving their communities through language and specific action, in truly helping others out beyond mere mouthing about activism. I also find them both highly intellectual and historically aware, so I feel wonderful about being accepted and am in serious need of a couple of workshops. I am also eager to meet Demetria Martinez, so I'm very excited about Canto Mundo in July!



*

A poet I admire just said she liked 7 so I feel better. I've just had a weird feeling about the collection and what's happening with it is up in the air, so it was nice to hear someone likes it.

*

3 comments:

Rebel Girl said...

Sorry to have missed you at the AWP - I didn't get around too much after all - which worked out in some ways, but not in others.

Rebel Girl said...

Congratulations on your good news.

Sheryl said...

Maybe we'll see each other at another AWP or writing get together of some kind.

It's a bit of a flurry with so many people!