Monday, March 28, 2011

Work

I'm on a roll submitting poems to magazines. It's been a very long time since I've done this, and I'm surprised at how many new journals are out there waiting for poems.

I will be sending my manuscript back to a press sooner than I had anticipated, I think. Possibly sometime in May. I've made a lot of changes according to reviewer suggestions, and I suspect they'll be a second wave of revisions.

I really wanted to enter the Larry Levis Prize, but the 28 dollar entry fee is too high for me on my limited budget. It's easier to send the revisions to someone who has expressed some interest in it already. Free is good!

In any case, I'm on a roll. Sending some strange work out now, it's very different than the things I wrote 5-6 years ago which is a good thing I suppose.

I've sent out the following poems to a journal tonight.

"On Silence"
"Our Manic Rooms"
"The Teacher"
"Sorrow was my excuse"
"A Contentious Woman Speaks"

It feels good, but I have a lot more work to do tonight.

It feels wonderful to be writing again, and actively sending work out to magazines.

*

My earlier ruminations are a result of not focusing on my work. I will try harder. I tend to ruminate about things I can do nothing about. It's best just to put the wheel to the axle and get busy.

Yup. I'm in the game again. It feels very good.

No comments: