Sunday, October 24, 2010

James Taylor - Fire and Rain (Beacon Theatre)



I'm at the public library grading papers. I have 13 left. :(

Missing El Paso, Texas today. But I'll be in the Denver area for a while longer. I think I'll head home for a visit during fall break. Need to go to Wal-mart to exchange a pair of snow boots, which I'll need soon. Yes, I submit to evil low prices.

I have to type up a paper guidelines handout tomorrow morning, as I have no working printer at the time.

I am in a good healing place right now and think I will spend the next year or so recuperating, starting Mid-December. Looking forward, with a bit of trepidation, to 2011. It will be a slowing down period for me, and I recognize that this is a true blessing.

I look forward to utilizing the new found time towards my poetry, which has obviously suffered due to circumstances and illness.

Circumstances change. People heal.

I did get a poem accepted by the Women's Quarterly Studies journal which had solicited some work. It's the first time in a very long time my work has appeared/or will appear in a print journal. It feels pretty good.

No comments: