Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My manuscript Seven has been accepted for publication. Finally. Whew. And I have it in writing this time. I don't think there will be any more surprises and broken promises. I still have a couple of rounds of editing, but the entire process has been less rushed than my first book, and I've been able to take my own pace, which is apparently quite slow ;) I've had immense help and what I consider a true blessing in my two superb editors. It should appear by AWP 2013. I'll provide more information and a link to the press, which is a spanking new press, later. My book will be one of the first they publish. I feel honored and very, very thankful. The press has a by invitation only policy now for poetry books, so I especially feel thankful that it is run by two women who clearly support my work and have been very encouraging as this was a HARD book to write, is a hard book to write as I still probably have two more rounds of editing to go, but there is an end in sight, and I have a date and place when the book will appear.

So, humorously, I will be attending AWP in Boston whenever it happens, and this time I will register early :)


No comments: