Sunday, May 08, 2011

I am working on my acknowledgements page. Here it is so far. I am sure I have forgotten someone.

Thanks.

Acknowledgements

I would like to thank the following journals where some of these poems have appeared or will appear, sometimes in different forms:

Bordersenses: “Brandy Down Our Throats Like Fire”
CopperNickel: “He wants a poem”
Huizache: “La Chingada,” “Three,” and “For the Fire Happy Boss at the 7-11 on Ralston and Wadsworth in what surely is the middle of hell: Arvada, Colorado”
The Wisconsin Review: “Border”
Bridges: A Feminist Journal: “Gall Bladder”
Feminist Studies: “Chico’s Tacos”
Many Mountains Moving: This is the Wintry Season,” and “The Flowers Coming Soon”
Margie: “Coming Home” and “Born in the Southwest”
American Literary Review: “Mortar”
Eleventh Muse: Nada
Ensemble Jourine: Hybrid Writing by Women: “Kitchen of Grief”
Standards: The International Journal of Multicultural Studies: “Lubbock, Texas 1981”
Women’s Studies Quarterly: “Beginning and Ending”

I would also like to thank a number of residencies, which afforded me time to write and focus wholly on the manuscript: Ragdale, the Corporation of Yaddo, the Anderson Center. I would like to thank Letras Latinas and the Guild Complex for supporting residencies at Yaddo and the Anderson Center. I would like to thank Sandra Cisneros for the Alfredo del Moral Foundation Award which provided much needed financial support.

I would also like to thank the following individuals for their help and support with the manuscript and/or my development as a poet: Wendy Albiatti, Sharon Michael, Eduardo C. Corral, Bryan Roth, Lew Forrester, Suzanne Friskhorn , Kristin Buckles, Leslie Ullman, Benjamin Saenz, Bruce Bond, Paul Gutierrez, Christine Granados, Carmen Seda and Dagoberto Gilb.

No comments: